These small gifts are big on fun! The little trinkets that fill stockings can be just as entertaining and enjoyable as the larger presents. Check out our list of various goodies for all ages and interests!
1. The health enthusiast in your life will enjoy Tinke — a gadget for iOS that measures four health parameters. Just plug it into an iOS device, download the app, put your thumb on Tinke, and it can read heart rate, blood oxygen level, respiratory rate, and heart rate variability.
2. National Geographic’s Stellarscope Star Finder is the perfect stocking stuffer for the amateur astronomer or anyone who wants to learn more about the night sky. This scope has a star map that can be aligned with the actual sky as it appears in your location at that moment.
3. Now here’s a product that the spa lover — or anyone with sensitive skin — will appreciate. This bath ball and filter from Gaiam eliminates chlorine from water, which can cause hair to be brittle and color to fade.
4. Kids can create their own mini planetarium with this kit from GreenKidCrafts. Using recycled materials and a flashlight pen, kids can observe constellations as they project them onto a wall.
5. These adorable Woodland Nightlights are made of ceramic and operate with a battery-powered LED light.
6. Let imaginations run wild with this well-designed mask from Moulin Roty. The “Leonard the Fox Mask” measures 5-by-7 inches and is a perfect stocking stuffer.
7. These set of three organic lavender sachets can be placed into drawers to give-off a relaxing scent. Made using natural linen blend, tied with a sable brown jute twine, and filled with USA-grown organic lavender flowers, these sachets make a great stocking stuffer for every adult on your list.
Have a few more stockings to stuff? Our lip balm, baby teether, bubble bath, and bear hat make honestly sweet choices your family will love.
It couldn’t be easier to share holiday cheer while making a positive difference with these gifts that give back. The presents we found support or fund various social and charitable efforts, so your gift recipient not only gets a cool new item, but you both can feel good knowing your purchase also helped a worthy cause.
1. This gray chevron table runner from TOMS Marketplace benefits JOYN, an organization that provides medical care, employment, and educational opportunities to artisans in the Himalayas.
2. Beautiful and stylish, this Shiro Meda Collection Scarf is made by Connected in Hope, an organization that creates sustainable job opportunities, work-life balance, and support for female weavers and their families in Ethiopia.
3. This iPad protector and organizer from Stone+Cloth comes in a variety of colors; we’re fond of the one shown here in “Pacific.” The sale of this case will help fund scholarships for students in need.
4. This 6-coaster set made from sustainable mango wood features a flowering vine design. It’s available on Mela Artisans, an online store that helps support small groups of artisans around the world.
5. The purchase of this crossbody bag with ikat print and leather trim will help support women artisans in Guatemala.
6. Handcrafted by indigenous artisans in Oaxaca, Mexico, the Magnificent Mercado Bag is woven from 50% recycled plastic on a traditional wooden box frame. The sale of this waterproof bag, shown here in aqua and gold, benefits women artisans.
We know you care passionately about helping the community, so any purchases you also make through Honest this season helps us donate time, money, and product to charitable organizations that address critical health and social iss
Tell us about a gift you’ve received in the past that benefits a charity.
For that special someone on your list, these gift guides for him and her offer some unique ideas. One of the keys to finding a great gift is to buy something that’s both useful and beautifully designed. After lots of online searching and recommendations from Honest staff, we found some really special gift ideas that we hope will make your holiday shopping simple and stress free.
2. This soft hoodie from Northern California activewear company Carve is perfect for outdoor activities or just keeping warm while out running errands.
3. Made from galvanized steel, this whimsically-painted watering can from Wild & Wolf is the perfect gift for anyone on your list who enjoys gardening.
4. Take water, juices, and smoothies on-the-go with this glass water bottle from Lifefactory. The silicone sleeve is free of BPA, BPS, and phthalates, and the wide mouth makes it easy to add ice, citrus slices, or tea bags.
5. Everyone on your list will love Honest’s Body Oil. To give skin a healthy glow and major moisture, apply some of this organic oil onto damp skin after stepping out of the shower.
6. For your best friend, this Friendship Original Karma necklace from Dogeared (a B Corp!) makes a great gift. Delicate and simple, this necklace is perfect for everyday wear.
1. This solid wood amplifier for the iPhone is perfect for the modern design or technology enthusiast in your life.
2. This eco-friendly insulated “man lunch” case from Etsy seller BonTons is made from cotton fabric on the outside and lined with a waterproof fabric that is free of PVC, phthalates, BPA, and formaldehyde.
3. The Patagonia Men’s Nano Puff Jacket is a gift he’ll really get a lot of use out of, especially if he’s the outdoorsy type. Waterproof and windproof, this jacket is made to test the elements.
4. Make ice spheres for whiskey and cocktails with The Original Whiskey Ball. You can buy a pack of 1, 2, or 4.
5. SPIband’s wrist or ankle band is the perfect accessory for holding keys, credit cards, and even wedding rings while out for a jog or hike.
6. This practical yet unique money clip is made from sturdy walnut wood, which is native to the United States.
7. Heat all sorts of grilled creations with this cast iron round griddle pan from Lodge. It also functions as a cookie sheet and serving platter.
8. Perfect for the sports fan in your life, these Authentic Stadium Seat Cufflinks are crafted from actual stadium seats. Chose from one of 10 stadiums including Yankee Stadium, Wrigley Field, and Fenway Park.
What unique gift ideas do you have for the special people in your lives? Tell us in the comments.
The people we know the best can sometimes be the hardest to shop for. Finding just the right gift to give your friends, family members, and colleagues can be a daunting task. We hope our gift guide featuring eco-friendly and fun finds provides you with some unique (and stress-free shopping) gift ideas!
1. For the dedicated athlete, the eco-friendly Release Roller provides relief for sore muscles. And since it’s travel size, it won’t take-up much space.
2. The Parrot Flower Power device helps gardeners stay on top of their plants’ needs. It can be used indoor or outdoor, so long as it’s close to your plant. The Parrot monitors soil moisture, fertilizer, ambient temperature, and light intensity, and sends that information to its smartphone app.
3. The amateur chef you know will love to receive these exotic sea salts. Each sea salt is purchased separately, so you can mix-and-match between the eight flavors like “Smoked Sea Salt,” “Black Lava Salt,” and “Red Alaea Salt.” This line of epicurean salts are ethically harvested from all over the world.
4. We love that these reusable glass straws from Glass Dharma. You can get a set of four 9-inch bend straws with a cleaning brush.
5. The Honest Company’s Soy Candle makes a perfect hostess gift or present for any spa lover. The 100% GMO-free soy wax and natural cotton wick means you won’t be breathing in any synthetic chemicals or questionable perfumes. It comes in three scents: Lavender Mint, Gardenia Jasmine, and Sweet Orange Vanilla.
6. This deluxe make-your-own cheese kit from Etsy seller UrbanCheeseCraft contains a food thermometer, goat cheese molds, a ricotta mold, a wheel mold, non GMO citric acid, non GMO gluten-free vegetarian rennet tablets, non iodized flake salt, cheesecloth (known as butter muslin), three recipe booklets, troubleshooting advice, and e-mail support.
7. Create your own planter with this DIY kit from NativeCast. The kit contains an eco-concrete mix, a mold, organic potting soil, and seeds.
Need more inspiration? Visit Honest’s gift guide to see our gift bundles, gift collections, and gift cards that make great presents for family and friends!
Tell us, what great gift ideas have you found for family and friends this year?
So you can enjoy the spirit of the holidays and not spend too much time shopping, we’ve compiled a week of gift guides to help make your gift finding easier. For the kid’s gift guide, we scoured the web for the coolest, safest, and most fun toys and items for babies, kids, and teens. We gave preference to gifts that are locally made, eco-friendly, non-toxic, and from small vendors or B-Corporations. Check out these fun finds:
1. These soft and safe organic hand-knit bird rattles are made from bamboo and will be a cute plaything for your sweet baby.
2. This organic onesie from Burts Bees Baby will keep your little one warm and looking cuddly.
3. We love these stylish leather moccasins from Freshly-Picked. Right now, you can get them in the limited-edition color, “Fools Gold.”
4. Expose your baby to classical music with this Organic Musical Stuffed Bunny. When you order the bunny, select one of four selections for it to play: ”Sleep, Baby, Sleep,” ”Brahms Lullaby,” “Can You Count the Stars?” or ”Mozart’s Lullaby.”
6. This soft hoodie sweatshirt is made from organic cotton and hemp, and makes for great baby loungewear.
1. Let the creativity flow with this 30-piece building block set finished in organic oil and beeswax.
2. This eco-friendly dump truck features a moving rear dump cart and is made from recycled materials.
3. Kids can make a game out of balancing the monkeys on this tree so it won’t tip over — and, bonus, it’s made from sustainable, eco-friendly PlanWood.
4. These hipster leggings are made from organic cotton, and the elastic waistband means children can wear them for awhile.
5. This heavy rubber ball from Land Of Nod is good for indoor and outdoor play. It is made without PVC, BPA, or vinyl.
6. Hit the road with FirstBIKE, a training bicycle for kids that can go on grass, gravel, and loose dirt surfaces.
7. Made from assorted clothing scraps, these “Scrappy Dogs” plush toys are a quirky and lovable gift for kids.
8. Children with a love for gardening and nature will enjoy playing with this French-made botanist kit.
1. Teens will love this trendy hashtag ring from Gorjana-Griffin, a company that is committed to altruism.
2. Made from actual records, these bookends are a cool piece of decor for any music lover.
3. Turn up the volume with this affordable and eco-friendly iPhone amplifier.
4. These eco-friendly skateboards from Arbor are made using sustainable materials and come in a wide range of cool designs.
5. Whimsical and funky, this wood and hardboard antelope head makes for great wall art in a teen bedroom.
6. We love these make-up brushes from Eco Tools because they’re soft and cruelty-free. This starter set is perfect for teens.
7. Let your teen get artistic by decorating their bedroom using this reusable damask stencil.
And don’t forget to visit The Collective for more great gift ideas that your kids will love!
What are your favorite holiday kid gifts for 2013? Tell us in the comments.