My husband and I welcomed four babies into the world last August. We already had a one-year-old son who was the love of our lives and is now a big brother to four more little loves. Although there’s a lot more on our to-do lists and life is hectic our world has changed in the best way! With the support of our friends, family, and each other, my husband and I are raising five little ones together.
Honest asked me to share what surprised me most about having multiples, and I guess it’s not really a surprise, or shouldn’t be, but I’m surprised that I barely have any time to sit down, or finish a cup of coffee, or eat lunch. I’m going practically nonstop from the time I wake up. Even on the days I have help! There’s just always something that needs to be done. Actually, there’s always lots of somethings to be done! I’m so glad we prepared ahead of time! Of course, you can never fully prepare for everything four babies require but planning was our best friend before the babies arrived.
I wrote a blog post in December about our experiencing having quads. In the more than five months since I had them, we’ve learned a lot. Below are some tips for parents expecting multiples, or anyone expecting.
For any soon-to-be parent of multiples, here is what I’ve learned:
You can read more about Kerry’s life with quads on her blog, Quads Make It Seven.
It’s day 3 of the New Year – how are you faring so far on your resolutions? Although sometimes difficult, change can actually be a lot of fun! Setting a goal, like using safer products in your home, taking better care of your health, or starting a new hobby are enjoyable challenges to tackle. When you set reasonable goals, it’s rewarding to see those to-dos on your list get checked-off. And since this is the time of year many people embark on these new goals and strive for a fresh start, we thought it would be fun to give you some additional ideas to add to help you accomplish your 2014 resolutions.
1. Resolving to live greener and less toxic? Swap out your cleaning products!
We love household cleaners that really get the job done well. It’s always more fun to cook in a clean kitchen than a dingy one! But it’s important that your products are both effective and safe for your family. Did you know the average household contains anywhere from three to 25 gallons of toxic materials, most of which are in cleaners? At Honest, we’ve researched every ingredient that goes into our cleaning products to ensure these items are safe for your family. If you hold your breath while spraying cleaning products, or wear gloves while scrubbing, the chemicals you’re using are likely too harsh and potentially dangerous to your health. Try swapping harsh cleaners with eco-friendly and non-toxic Honest products! Here are some to start with:
2. Resolving to eat healthier? Follow our blog for quick and easy recipes and try our supplements to fill your nutritional gaps.
Every week on our blog we share things like expert nutrition advice and family-friendly, healthy recipes. Still, as much as we strive to eat healthy and organic, sometimes we can’t get all the nutrients our body needs — especially when we’re working out regularly, which adds an extra nutrition tax on our bodies! Honest’s supplements are ultra-pure, made with whole-foods ingredients, and don’t contain many nasty ingredients like fillers, binders, and artificial flavors. We strive to be transparent and keep you informed with product changes and general health information (Check out this handy post about percent daily values labels). Here are a couple of Honest’s supplements and what they can do for you:
3. Resolving to spend more quality time with the kids? Get crafty together.
Kids love ‘em and you’ll love ‘em, too! DIY projects and crafts are a great way to involve the entire family in exercising your creative skills. Not only does crafting time feel like family play time for everyone, but you can make some pretty cool things to give as gifts for birthdays and as hostess presents. We publish a DIY every other Wednesday, so keep your eyes peeled for some fun, new DIYS in 2014! Here are some of our most-viewed DIY blog posts from 2013:
We hope these resolutions inspired you to set some new goals for 2014! Tell us, what are your resolutions for this year? How can Honest help?
Happy New Year! Thanks to your support, we had an amazing 2013. We’re so proud of all the safe and family-friendly products we developed and everything we accomplished to make the world a little better. We’re looking forward to doing more in the New Year. And in the spirit of the New Year, we thought it would be fun to share with you our resolutions for 2014:
We look forward to a wonderful 2014 with you!
What would you like to see The Honest Company do in 2014?
These small gifts are big on fun! The little trinkets that fill stockings can be just as entertaining and enjoyable as the larger presents. Check out our list of various goodies for all ages and interests!
1. The health enthusiast in your life will enjoy Tinke — a gadget for iOS that measures four health parameters. Just plug it into an iOS device, download the app, put your thumb on Tinke, and it can read heart rate, blood oxygen level, respiratory rate, and heart rate variability.
2. National Geographic’s Stellarscope Star Finder is the perfect stocking stuffer for the amateur astronomer or anyone who wants to learn more about the night sky. This scope has a star map that can be aligned with the actual sky as it appears in your location at that moment.
3. Now here’s a product that the spa lover — or anyone with sensitive skin — will appreciate. This bath ball and filter from Gaiam eliminates chlorine from water, which can cause hair to be brittle and color to fade.
4. Kids can create their own mini planetarium with this kit from GreenKidCrafts. Using recycled materials and a flashlight pen, kids can observe constellations as they project them onto a wall.
5. These adorable Woodland Nightlights are made of ceramic and operate with a battery-powered LED light.
6. Let imaginations run wild with this well-designed mask from Moulin Roty. The “Leonard the Fox Mask” measures 5-by-7 inches and is a perfect stocking stuffer.
7. These set of three organic lavender sachets can be placed into drawers to give-off a relaxing scent. Made using natural linen blend, tied with a sable brown jute twine, and filled with USA-grown organic lavender flowers, these sachets make a great stocking stuffer for every adult on your list.
Have a few more stockings to stuff? Our lip balm, baby teether, bubble bath, and bear hat make honestly sweet choices your family will love.
It couldn’t be easier to share holiday cheer while making a positive difference with these gifts that give back. The presents we found support or fund various social and charitable efforts, so your gift recipient not only gets a cool new item, but you both can feel good knowing your purchase also helped a worthy cause.
1. This gray chevron table runner from TOMS Marketplace benefits JOYN, an organization that provides medical care, employment, and educational opportunities to artisans in the Himalayas.
2. Beautiful and stylish, this Shiro Meda Collection Scarf is made by Connected in Hope, an organization that creates sustainable job opportunities, work-life balance, and support for female weavers and their families in Ethiopia.
3. This iPad protector and organizer from Stone+Cloth comes in a variety of colors; we’re fond of the one shown here in “Pacific.” The sale of this case will help fund scholarships for students in need.
4. This 6-coaster set made from sustainable mango wood features a flowering vine design. It’s available on Mela Artisans, an online store that helps support small groups of artisans around the world.
5. The purchase of this crossbody bag with ikat print and leather trim will help support women artisans in Guatemala.
6. Handcrafted by indigenous artisans in Oaxaca, Mexico, the Magnificent Mercado Bag is woven from 50% recycled plastic on a traditional wooden box frame. The sale of this waterproof bag, shown here in aqua and gold, benefits women artisans.
We know you care passionately about helping the community, so any purchases you also make through Honest this season helps us donate time, money, and product to charitable organizations that address critical health and social iss
Tell us about a gift you’ve received in the past that benefits a charity.