When there’s still spring snow and grey days, sun protection isn’t always top of mind. But summer isn’t the only time you are at risk of sun damage. Everyday exposure can add up over a lifetime, so even if you are not packing up for the beach it’s great to make sunscreen use a daily habit. And, just in time for spring break, you can grab Honest’s new and improved sunscreen before you hit the road.
Our updated formula offers the same great benefits of the original, but only better! The natural, petrochemical-free mineral sunscreen provides 30 SPF (UVA & UVB) protection for the entire family. It’s even safe for babies under six months because our ONLY active sunscreen ingredient is non-nano zinc oxide. This means it protects against harmful rays by sitting on the outermost layer of your skin without getting absorbed through your pores and into your bloodstream, unlike conventional chemical sunscreens. And did we mention that it’s non-greasy, non-whitening, and water-resistant?
To make sure you always have (safe) fun in the sun, don’t forget to:
1. Wear your Honest sunscreen whenever you are outdoors—walking, biking, swimming, playing at the park, gardening, enjoying sports…rain or shine!
2. Put it on even when you are indoors! UVA rays penetrate through windows and some clothing. So even if you are not outside or worried about burning, protect against aging by using sunscreen all day long.
3. Apply liberally over exposed skin, especially those easily forgotten areas like ears, hands, feet, backs of the knees, and your scalp! Put it on 15 minutes before sun exposure for maximum effectiveness.
4. Reapply at least every 2 hours, after 40 minutes of swimming or sweating, or immediately after towel drying.
5. Limit exposure! In addition to using a Broad Spectrum SPF 15 or higher, consider covering up with hats, long-sleeve shirts, pants, and sunglasses. And seek shade during the sun’s strongest hours of 10 am to 2 pm.
When and where do you like to use your Honest sunscreen?