So you can enjoy the spirit of the holidays and not spend too much time shopping, we’ve compiled a week of gift guides to help make your gift finding easier. For the kid’s gift guide, we scoured the web for the coolest, safest, and most fun toys and items for babies, kids, and teens. We gave preference to gifts that are locally made, eco-friendly, non-toxic, and from small vendors or B-Corporations. Check out these fun finds:
1. These soft and safe organic hand-knit bird rattles are made from bamboo and will be a cute plaything for your sweet baby.
2. This organic onesie from Burts Bees Baby will keep your little one warm and looking cuddly.
3. We love these stylish leather moccasins from Freshly-Picked. Right now, you can get them in the limited-edition color, “Fools Gold.”
4. Expose your baby to classical music with this Organic Musical Stuffed Bunny. When you order the bunny, select one of four selections for it to play: ”Sleep, Baby, Sleep,” ”Brahms Lullaby,” “Can You Count the Stars?” or ”Mozart’s Lullaby.”
6. This soft hoodie sweatshirt is made from organic cotton and hemp, and makes for great baby loungewear.
1. Let the creativity flow with this 30-piece building block set finished in organic oil and beeswax.
2. This eco-friendly dump truck features a moving rear dump cart and is made from recycled materials.
3. Kids can make a game out of balancing the monkeys on this tree so it won’t tip over — and, bonus, it’s made from sustainable, eco-friendly PlanWood.
4. These hipster leggings are made from organic cotton, and the elastic waistband means children can wear them for awhile.
5. This heavy rubber ball from Land Of Nod is good for indoor and outdoor play. It is made without PVC, BPA, or vinyl.
6. Hit the road with FirstBIKE, a training bicycle for kids that can go on grass, gravel, and loose dirt surfaces.
7. Made from assorted clothing scraps, these “Scrappy Dogs” plush toys are a quirky and lovable gift for kids.
8. Children with a love for gardening and nature will enjoy playing with this French-made botanist kit.
1. Teens will love this trendy hashtag ring from Gorjana-Griffin, a company that is committed to altruism.
2. Made from actual records, these bookends are a cool piece of decor for any music lover.
3. Turn up the volume with this affordable and eco-friendly iPhone amplifier.
4. These eco-friendly skateboards from Arbor are made using sustainable materials and come in a wide range of cool designs.
5. Whimsical and funky, this wood and hardboard antelope head makes for great wall art in a teen bedroom.
6. We love these make-up brushes from Eco Tools because they’re soft and cruelty-free. This starter set is perfect for teens.
7. Let your teen get artistic by decorating their bedroom using this reusable damask stencil.
And don’t forget to visit The Collective for more great gift ideas that your kids will love!
What are your favorite holiday kid gifts for 2013? Tell us in the comments.
I hope this doesn’t sound too naive, but the most surprising thing I’ve learned while working here is how many people are so severely affected by products (with toxins) that we use on a daily basis. For example, hearing stories about babies with horrible skin irritations that have cleared up with the use of our diapers and healing balm has been a real eye-opener. Our customers are so great about sharing their success stories using the Honest products. It’s a really great feeling to be working for a company that is having such a positive effect on the lives of so many.
This is a tough one. I love our candles. I really appreciate the variety and subtle relaxing scents, I’m also enjoying using the wipes and the body oil. The wipes I use for pretty much everything and the body oil is great to put on right after a shower. I have really sensitive skin that dries out easily and lotions have always given me issues, but the Honest body oil is great at hydrating without any irritation.
I feel like every day at Honest makes for memorable moments. The office culture here is amazing! One thing I really love about coming in to work every day is the creative and collaborative environment. I’d have to say my most memorable moment so far has been collaborating with the design team on a storybook to tease the release of our winter diapers. It was so rewarding to see everyone so passionate about a project that we were all able to come together over. I even got to design and sew a fox for a magical evergreen forest that we created — dream job! Another moment that is a must-share was the YMCA Stair Climb for LA. We all climbed to the top the of the US Bank Tower (75 flights!) for charity. It was a struggle, but yet again, the Honest team came together to rally each other to the top. At the end of the day, it’s the people I work with that’s made — and continues to make — so many memorable Honest moments.
I’m continually striving to incorporate more of the Honest lifestyle into my every day. As a result, I’ve become a lot more aware and label conscious, not only of the things I put on and in my body, but around my house as well. I’m eager to start growing some of my own vegetables and produce in my backyard, and I receive our Honest Essentials Bundle and always put it to good use! I’ve been doing my best to spread the word and get my friends and family hooked on our awesome products. Go Honest!
Crafting. Sewing. Creating. Working on my house. And decorating it. Decorating other people’s houses. Instagramming my cats. Antiquing. Restoring old furniture. Hosting fabulous dinner parties. Volunteering at animal shelters. Road tripping. Enjoying time with my family. And friends. And boyfriend. Learning a new language. Opening a craft store. Riding my bike. Traveling. Cooking. Gardening. Blogging. Exploring other countries. Spending weekends in Monterey. Throwing parties. Celebrating people. Loving life.
Get flying high on this beautiful tree swing! Made from African Walnut, this swing measures 2 inch thick by 30 inches wide and 9 inches deep. The wood is treated with a clear coat of Thompson’s Water Seale, and the rope is protected against UV rays. It’s custom made to order from Etsy seller WoodenRopeTreeSwings.