At Honest, there’s one thing we all love (especially Christopher): mason jars! And we’re definitely smitten with this charming version repurposed for dispensing soap. Now, the tough decision…Should we use Tickled Pink’s vintage accessory in our kitchen, bathroom, or laundry room?
Mom. There are no words that truly reflect everything she means to us. So, we look forward to showing her how much we love and appreciate her with special Mother’s Day Gifts. From pampering presents to indulgent treats to homemade delights, we’ve narrowed down a sweet selection of eco-friendly, socially minded, and beautifully designed goods. Happy Mother’s Day to all moms, grandmas, moms-to-be, and caregivers!
1. From one mom to another, Jessica Alba shares her tips and tricks for creating a healthy and stylish home. A go-to guide, The Honest Life is perfect for new moms as they seek to create a safe space for their little ones without sacrificing color, fashion, and fun.
2. Isn’t Mother’s Day all about spoiling your mom? Treat her to this indulgent Pampering Collection, so she can enjoy a spa-like escape at home.
3. For the chic mom-on-the-go, these cool Knockaround sunglasses in matte tortoise shell will be an instant classic that she can’t live without.
4. Pretty and modern? Check. This handmade white succulent sculpture by Waterstone Succulents (sold via B Corp Etsy) is a stand-out alternative to flowers that will delight for years to come—no green thumb required.
5. A DIY gift often proves to be mom’s favorite because of the love and care that went into making it. Try this simple and budget-friendly sugar scrub made from natural ingredients found at home.
6. Upload your favorite Instagram images and create a treasured book for your mom that captures your family’s unforgettable moments. She won’t put down this re-imagined photo album by Artifact Uprising.
7. Luxurious and eco-friendly makeup brushes from Eco Tools will leave your mom looking flawless and feeling pampered.
8. The sculptural Eau Good Water Bottle, which is BPA free and provides natural filtering, will look beautiful displayed on mom’s desk—making even the mundane feel special.
9. Let your mom know how sweet she is with a great assortment of Nunu Chocolates that are totally natural and handmade from sustainably harvested ingredients.
10. Give mom a gift that gives back with this lovely Poppy Necklace, benefiting The Gorjana and Griffin Foundation and The Diabetes Research and Wellness Foundation (or support other charitable causes with these beautiful jewelry designs).
What are you surprising the moms in your life with on May 12th?
We’re often asked by customers, “How does Honest determine what goes into its products?” And, as we continue to refine our formulas and introduce new products, this is a great question.
Creating Honest products is a complicated process. We carefully weigh a lot of factors: safety, efficacy, design, affordability, environmental attributes, source of ingredients, manufacturing practices, and more.
It’s a delicate balancing act, and it requires some give and take. While we aim for the product development stars, excelling in absolutely every attribute category results in an unattainable product. For example, we could make a handcrafted, 100% organic lotion in a biodegradable package and deliver it via bicycle, but the end cost would be so prohibitively high only 1% of the population could afford it.
To us, safety and effectiveness are imperatives, but everything else has to be weighed, juggled, and balanced until we find a path that still results in an accessible product. It’s part of a long-term plan to get better, safer products into more people’s hands. And, as more people buy them, the market shifts to meet that growing demand and prices then fall, too. Hopefully—ultimately—safe, eco-friendly products become the norm. They’ll be what everyone makes, what lines every store shelf, and what everyone buys. It’s a big dream, but we know it can be a reality!
By becoming an Honest member, you’re making an investment in a better future—not only for your family because you’ll be using safer, better products, but all families because you’re helping us drive market and social change. There’s a quote by L.N. Smith that says“Every dollar you spend . . . is a vote you cast for the world you want.”
We hope that people vote for an Honest world. Because all of us, together, can make it better.
Since Honest’s launch, we’ve always worked to build a nimble company—one that can quickly respond to customer feedback and deliver the new-and-improved products you ask for and need. We’ve had the pleasure of making our Wipes, Sunscreen, and Shampoo + Body Wash better for you. And now we’re excited to announce that we’ve also improved our Body Oil, Healing Balm, and Face + Body Lotion.
Last week, we introduced reformulated Body Oil that is incredibly similar to the original. It still has the same great organic sunflower, olive, tamanu and coconut oils, but we’ve added avocado and jojoba oils for extra nourishment. We’ve also included organic chamomile and calendula to calm, soothe, and protect extra-sensitive skin. And, of course, the Body Oil still makes an ideal addition for baby massage.
Within the next week, keep a look out for our new-and-improved Healing Balm. It’s certified USDA organic and made with the same great castor, sunflower, coconut, and tamanu oils. And—even better—we’ve packed it with more organic oils, butters, and extracts for nourishment and skin health. Shea butter, olive oil, and avocado oil provide your skin with better hydration, while carrot root extract adds antioxidants. Chamomile and calendula (surefire winners in our other products!) gently calm and soothe irritated skin, and lavender aids in relaxation. This blend of organic botanicals creates a light, pleasant scent. The new Healing Balm remains versatile as ever and is perfect for treating diaper rash, irritated skin, eczema, minor cuts and scrapes, and much more.
Face + Body Lotion
Coming later this month, we’re happy to delight you with more Face + Body Lotion. Not only are we giving you 25% more (for the same price), but we also enhanced the formula. We kept the lotion’s lightweight feel while enriching it with extra emollients and moisturizers that leave your skin silky smooth. It will be richer, thicker, and more luxurious than ever before! We also listened to your overwhelming feedback about the rosewater scent and removed it from our new version. Now, we’ve added more soothing chamomile and olive oils for rich hydration without weighing it down. Our Face + Body Lotion is great for all skin types and the improved scent and performance makes it even better for the whole family.
Please e-mail or call us anytime if you have any comments, questions, or ideas. We truly hope you enjoy these new-and-improved products as much as we do.