Whenever there’s a crowd gathering in the kitchen, you can bet there’s layered bean dip nearby. However, the classic bean dip that is often the highlight of BBQs, sports gatherings, and more isn’t always the best nutritional option. Here’s the same crowd-pleaser made over with equally tasty and healthy ingredients. Enjoy at your next party. We know your guests will!
- 2 cups organic black beans, cooked and mashed
- 1 large organic sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- 1 cup organic rainbow Swiss Chard, steamed and chopped
- 1 cup organic baby spinach
- 1 organic orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 organic yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup organic cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup GO Veggie! Vegan Mexican Cheese Shreds
- 1/4 cup organic salsa
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 9 x 9 inch baking dish with non-stick baking spray.
2. Layer ingredients into the baking dish starting with the black beans.
3. Mix the seasonings and yeast together and sprinkle over the dish.
4. Bake for 45 minutes or until bubbling and warm.
5. Serve warm with gluten-free tortilla chips.
- Amie Valpone
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP, Editor-in-Chief of TheHealthyApple.com is a Manhattan based Culinary Nutritionist, Personal Chef, Professional Recipe Developer, and Food Writer specializing in simple Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free ‘Clean’ recipes for the home cook. Visit Amie on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.