Last week I wrote about holiday traditions and how we can still create the sweet memories of this wonderful time of year without consuming all the junk. I swear I’m really not being the Grinch when I say let go of past holiday traditions and create your own healthy ones. I’m as much excited about Christmas and winter coziness as anybody else. Trust me!
So, today I’m sharing a fun recipe that will get anybody in the holiday mood.
These cookies are gluten-free, sugar-free, and vegan. BUT STILL TOTALLY FESTIVE and fun to make with the entire family.
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE
- 2 cups oats (choose certified gluten-free oats if you want these to be gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup gluten-free, all-purpose baking mix + a little extra for rolling out dough
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup + 2 Tbsp Earth Balance or other vegan butter alternative (or you can use real organic butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup organic chocolate chips (dark chocolate is the healthiest option)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a food processor chop oats on high until they turn into a flour-like texture. Add baking flour, palm sugar, and salt. Mix again until all is blended well.
3. Add maple syrup, vanilla, and butter. Mix everything again by PULSING it together.
4. Add chips and mix by hand.
5. On a flat surface, using a rolling pin or your hands, spread the dough fairly thin—about 1/4″ thickness. Using any fun cookie cutters you have, push down, pressing firmly. Using a spatula, you can transfer your cookies onto a baking sheet.
6. Bake for 17 minutes to get them browned and crunchy. If you want them dough-like and soft then cook for 12 minutes.
7. ENJOY! I know you will create fun memories with this recipe. It’s a wonderful afternoon activity with kids.
Other Options & Healthy Holiday Treats:
- Raw Vegan Gingerbread Man recipe (it contains all the holiday spices). No oven required and my son had such a great time making shapes and using cookie cutters with this dough.
- Pecan Chocolate chip Holiday Cookies.
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter cups!
xo Juli Novotny of Pure Mamas