Scoff if you will, but even if you don’t have a baby, there are myriad reasons to have wipes on hand when you’re at home or out and about. If you’ve never stopped to consider it, take a moment now to read through these 10 reasons to stash an extra full-size pack in a kitchen drawer and carry the adaptable travel packs in your purse, carry-on bag, car…
1. Remove makeup before working out. Prevent break-outs and clogged pores by using wipes to quickly remove makeup, moisturizer, or sunscreen before you break a sweat.
2. Wash hands. Maybe you already carry hand sanitizer for keeping bugs at bay on-the-go, but did you know you have to remove dirt from your skin first or the hand sanitizer won’t work? Wipe first, rub second.
3. Clean dirty public surfaces. The world’s a messy place. Use wipes to clean dirt off of airline trays, dusty outdoor seating, and sandy playground toys.
4. Shine your shoes. Give your shoes a quick swipe with a wipe to remove scuff marks, mud, and muck.
5. Cool down on hot days. Dampening your forehead, neck, and wrists lowers your core body temperature. So, if you’re feeling steamy, grab a wipe and chill out.
6. Clean keyboards, wipe boards, and touch screens. Did you know public keyboards and touch screens (think libraries and ATMs) have been found to have more bacteria on them then public toilets? And don’t forget your personal computer, cell phone, and home phone! Give them a little wipe down before using (computers should be powered down) and then wash or sanitize your hands afterwards.
7. Erase evidence of spills and stains from clothing. Maybe your soup splattered or your deodorant left an embarrassing white mark on your shirt — have no fear, the wipe is here. Dab away and lather up and dab again if need be. (Wipes hold up to this job far better than tissues or paper towels.)
8. Wipe off wounds. Did someone skin their knee at the park? Give cuts a scrape a gentle cleanse with a wipe before applying any necessary topical treatments.
9. Prep puppy paws before getting in the car. Protect your car’s upholstery by wiping dirty dog paws before he hops in.
10. Dust your dashboard. Speaking of cars, if you’re stuck in traffic or sitting at a stoplight, grab a wipe to quickly clean the dust and grime that accumulates on your dashboard, steering wheel, and other hard surfaces.
See how wipes can help you be prepared for life’s unexpected messes? And Honest wipes are extra thick and durable, built to stand-up to the toughest jobs. Do you have other ideas for how they come in handy? Share your tips in the comments!