Food Day 2015 is this Saturday, October 24th. Join us as we celebrate this national event, inspiring Americans to not only make healthier food choices but also engage in food policy change. This year’s theme is, “Toward a Greener Diet” which helps address more environmentally friendly approaches to eating. This can be as simple as choosing locally grown foods, being mindful of food waste, and eating a more plant based diet (just to name a few). To get started, check out our honestly easy tips!
5 Ways to Celebrate Food Day
- Go Meatless on Mondays. Skipping meat is good for you and great for the planet! And, it’s pretty simple to do. Try a meat-free soup, salad, pizza, or pasta — the options are almost endless.
- Shop Local. Visit your farmers market or join a CSA for locally grown fruits and veggies. This will give you access to the freshest produce, and also reduce your food miles.
- Shop in Season. Shopping in season will help you get the best flavor and most nutritional content from your ingredients. Follow our Superfoods series to get the 411 on seasonal favorites.
- Eat Clean. Follow this guide to learn what it means to feed your family whole foods. Less processed food is better for the environment, tastes better, and is better for you. Talk about a win, win, win!
- Stay in the Loop. Visit www.FoodDay.org for the most up to date information and insider tips! You can also join the conversation on social media by tagging your tweets with #FoodDay2015.
Let us know how you plan to participate in the comments section below!