At Honest, we’re always working to live up to our mission of empowering people to live happy, healthy lives. We live that promise inside and out, which means we think it’s important to help our employees educate themselves on how to live healthier.
Recently we had the opportunity to host Dr. Leonardo Trasande, MD, MPP and author of Sicker, Fatter, Poorer in our offices.
During his visit he dropped some major (and super helpful) knowledge including his 7 tips for living healthier.
As a pediatrician, he’s always been an advocate of the importance of being aware of the chemicals that are around our children especially during the stages when their brains and thyroids are developing.
Among the many impactful points Dr. Trasande made, this one really stuck with us:
If we don’t prevent exposures we are all paying as a result of diseases and illnesses as a result of exposure to these chemicals”
So we felt compelled to pass on this awesome educational moment. Check out his tips below:
7 Easy Things You Can Do to Live a Healthier Life
- Avoid canned food
- Eliminate phthalate exposure by avoiding water bottles with 3,6 & 7 types
- Eat organic to avoid pesticide exposure
- Avoid items with added flame retardant
- Regularly use a wet mop to clean your home
- Regularly circulate fresh air into your home by opening windows
- Avoid products that contain the word “fragrance” on their ingredient list
According to Dr. Trasande, focusing on these 7 tips is a great start to living a healthier life with your family. Want to learn more? Read his book Sicker, Fatter, Poorer