Breakfast just got a whole lot better. These Chocolate Zucchini Waffles, from our friends at Foodstirs, are so tasty your little ones won’t even know they’re full of veggies! Whip some up for National Chocolate Day (this Saturday) or anytime you want — we like to make an extra big batch and freeze some to have on hand for snack time.
CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI WAFFLES
Yields 8 waffles
1 Foodstirs Organic Chocolate Lovers Brownie Mix (or brownie mix of choice)
⅓ cup buttermilk
¾ cup zucchini, shredded
1 pint fresh raspberries
- Heat a waffle iron and spray with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine dry brownie mix and shredded zucchini. Blend until zucchini is evenly distributed throughout the dry mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs and buttermilk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Ladle ⅓ cup of batter into each section of the waffle iron and cook 1-2 minutes or until done. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries and powdered sugar.
~Recipe and photo from Foodstirs!
What’s your family’s favorite breakfast? Share with us below!