Here at Honest, our mission — to empower people to live a healthy and happy life — is at the heart of everything we do. This extends beyond the products we create and the commitment we make to our consumers. It applies to our own team members as well. Diversity and gender equity are key pillars for our company and we are committed to ensuring that all employees enjoy a workplace that is inclusive and fair.
To that end, we are thrilled to announce that we have signed the White House Equal Pay Pledge to reinforce our commitment to closing the gender pay gap. We know that policies that ensure fair pay not only help companies like ours attract amazing talent and boost our productivity, but they are also a way for us to play a critical role in reducing the national gender pay gap.
We applaud the White House for prioritizing efforts to advance equal pay, and we are proud to stand with all the amazing companies and organizations that have signed the pledge to date. By doing so, we are:
- Acknowledging the critical role businesses must play in reducing the national pay gap.
- Committing to conducting an annual company-wide gender pay analysis across occupations.
- Reviewing hiring and promotion processes and procedures to reduce unconscious bias and structural barriers.
- Embedding equal pay efforts into broader enterprise-wide equity initiatives.
- Pledging to take these steps as well as identify and promote other best practices that will close the national wage gap to ensure fundamental fairness for all workers.
Click here to learn more about White House Equal Pay Pledge. And (in case you missed it!) head here to check out our Founder, Jessica Alba, talking gender equity and the importance of empowering women in the workforce with Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg.