The holidays are the perfect excuse to indulge in a few seasonal goodies and today’s stunner from Dzung Lewis (of Honeysuckle) is no exception. Pomegranate adds an unexpected pop of flavor that truly takes this tart to the next level. Bonus: It’s a lot easier to make than it looks!
One of my favorite parts of the holiday season is making desserts that will delight and impress my guests. This year I’ll be whipping up this decadent Chocolate Pomegranate Tart. The indulgent treat is composed of a layer of flaky crust and a velvety-smooth chocolate ganache filling, and adorned with a topping of pomegranate seeds. It’s a true show-stopper, albeit super easy to make!
Chocolate Pomegranate Tart
1 stick of butter (melted)
3 tbsp granulated sugar
½ tsp Kosher salt
1 cup flour
¼ cup almond flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 cup heavy cream
½ tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate (chopped)
3 tbsp butter
½ cup pomegranate arils
- In a medium bowl combine the melted butter, sugar, and kosher salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the flour, almond flour, and cocoa powder. Mix until the dough forms a nice ball.
- Line a rectangular tart pan with parchment paper. Press the dough into an even layer, making sure to fill every corner. Let chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- After the dough has rested, use a fork to poke holes in the bottom. Bake for 20-22 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Add heavy cream, vanilla extract, and salt to a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat just until it start to boil, then remove from heat immediately.
- Stir in semi-sweet chocolate and butter and combine until it become a glossy mixture. Add ¼ cup of pomegranate seeds.
- Fill the crust with the chocolate ganache mixture, then top with the remaining ¼ cup pomegranate seeds.
- Let sit at room temperature for 2 hours. Slice into wedges and serve.
~ Dzung Lewis of Honeysuckle
Honeysuckle is a food and lifestyle YouTube channel that showcases personal style expressed through food, beauty tips, and home entertaining ideas. Make sure to follow on Instagram!