Last weekend Jessica threw a baby shower for her friend and co-worker Jen, who is pregnant with a baby girl! Take a look at some of the gorgeous pictures from the party and learn Jessica’s advice for planning a sweet, stress-free shower.
Jen came to work at Honest over five years ago, and since then we’ve become really close friends. Because baby showers can sometimes be seen as cheesy, it was important for this to be simple and sweet. I wanted mom-to-be to enjoy herself and be able to relax, while creating some special memories. Here are some of the tips I stick to when planning a baby shower.
5 TIPS FOR A STRESS-FREE SHOWER
1. Choose a theme to keep planning easy. Choosing a theme will help you organize the rest of the party details, from decorations to desserts. For this shower we drew inspiration from Rose Blossom, Jen’s favorite Honest Diaper print. Building off this beautiful floral pattern, we made sure that the decor incorporated soft, romantic pastels. We also went to the local flower mart to pick up some fresh flowers to make our own arrangements with. The trick when making your own arrangements is to buy large quantities of just a few different flowers so you have less to put together.
2. Decorate with things she can use. Instead of buying a bunch of decorations that won’t get used again, decorate with things that mom can have ready for the new baby. Our Diaper Cakes (and Mini Diaper Cakes) make super cute centerpieces, but are also full of products that can be used when baby arrives. The perfect 2-in-1 gift!
3. Be thoughtful when setting the menu. Pregnant mamas often have dietary restrictions or aversions, so make sure to ask ahead before deciding what to serve. Our menu was full of Jen’s favorite foods, and all vegan and gluten-free. We also had a variety of gluten-free desserts and themed mocktails.
4. Keep activities simple. Baby shower games can be cheesy, so we stuck to some simpler, more memorable activities. Each guest was given a page to decorate and share their wishes and words of wisdom for baby-to-be. We also included a polaroid of each guest to connect the message with the person who wrote the wish. The pages were bound together into one memory book for mom to have, and to share as a wish book for her new baby.
5. Set the mood with a curated playlist. No party is complete without a playlist. We made playlist full of sweet and silly songs that mom-to-be and her guests would enjoy. It was a fun and super easy way to keep the mood light and upbeat. You can check it out and follow, below!
Do you have any baby shower tips or traditions of your own? We’d love for you to share in the comments.