March is National Nutrition Month® – the annual nutrition education and information campaign that focuses on the importance of developing sound eating and physical activity habits. This year’s theme is “Put Your Best Fork Forward“ and is intended to help all of us remember that we have tools available to make healthier food and fitness choices in our daily routines and over time to help improve our overall health. Here are a few ways you and your family can get involved!
5 Ways to Celebrate National Nutrition Month
- Try a recipe using new foods and flavors. If you have little ones in your life, let them help out — the more they are involved in the preparation, the more likely they are to try the food.
- Set reasonable goals for yourself and your family. Making small and attainable goals that you can build on is important to develop lasting goals that you feel great about.
- Be mindful of moderation. How much we eat is just as important as what we eat. Check out MyPlate for a great reference!
- Get moving. Find an activity you love (like yoga or pilates) and make an effort to stick with it, even if that means practicing from your living room.
- Learn something new. Attend a cooking or nutrition class in your community for another way to make healthy eating more fun.
This post is solely for informational purposes. It is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for medical advice. Before undertaking any course of treatment or dietary changes, you should seek the advice of your physician or other health care provider.