We love any excuse to eat pizza, but National Pizza Day might be number one. This year we’re getting in the spirit with this super easy recipe from our friend (and Honest mama!) Juli Novotny. There’s really no wrong way to whip this up, so feel free to customize your pie with whatever toppings your family likes best.
Vegan pesto (homemade or pre-made)
2 cups cauliflower, chopped
1 red bell pepper, sliced into chunks
1 cup mushrooms, sliced or chopped
1 package vegan mozzarella cheese (or your cheese of choice)
Red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut veggies into small pieces, and then layer on a cookie sheet with about 2 teaspoons of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Toss and bake for about 40 minutes until they are soft and golden brown.
- Remove veggies from oven and allow to cool. Increase the oven heat to 450 degrees F.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the pizza dough on a floured flat cookie sheet. Spread as thin as you desire. (It will rise in the oven, so the thinner the better.)
- Slather the dough with vegan pesto, covering the dough, and leaving a small edge around the perimeter.
- Top with roasted cauliflower, bell peppers and mushrooms. Evenly add the cheese.
- Bake pizza for about 20-25 minutes until edges are golden brown.
~Juli Novotny, Pure Kitchen
Juli is an entrepreneur, blogger, plant foodie, recipe developer and best of all, mother. You’ll find all of her plant-based food creations, collaborations and musings over at her blog, Pure Kitchen.