Get red, white and blue ready with sparkler cookies! Our friends from Foodstirs are here to give us the honestly easy how-to. Learn how to make these stars on a stick, the perfect party pleaser, then get your own kit with an exclusive offer for the Honest community.
STAR SPARKLER COOKIES
1 package Foodstirs sugar cookie mix
1 stick cold unsalted butter, cubed
1 egg white
1 package Foodstirs vanilla frosting mix
3 Tablespoons butter, softened
2 Tablespoons plain or Greek yogurt
- Wash hands. In bowl, hand mix or use optional electric mixer to beat butter until creamy. Next, blend in egg white. Add dry sugar cookie mix and combine.
- Gather dough into a ball and flatten into disc shape. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 20 minutes or until dough is firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 oF. Remove dough from freezer. Lightly flour countertop, rolling pin and top of dough. Roll out dough until it’s approx.1/4” thick.
- Cut dough by using the star cutter. Insert lollipop sticks into the side edge of each star, between two points. Place on parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until edges are golden. Allow cookies to cool.
- In small bowl, with a low-speed hand mixer, cream 3 Tbsp. butter and 2 Tbsp. yogurt until smooth. Slowly blend in the organic frosting mix and beat on medium until mixture is smooth. If frosting is too thick, add additional yogurt, 1 teaspoon at a time.
- Use a butter knife to spread frosting on the cookies. Before the frosting sets, sprinkle with with sparkling sugars. Share your finished creations with us by tagging @foodstirs or using the hashtag #foodstirs!
*Offer cannot be combined with any other promotion. Valid through July 31, 2016, 11:59pm PT.