Cold brew coffee is the latest buzz when it comes to caffeine and it turns out that it’s actually super easy to make at home. Save your $6 and try the recipe below!
Cold brew coffee is made by soaking coffee grounds in cold or room temperature water for an extended period of time. It has a sweeter flavor because you don’t get the bitter, acidic taste that you do when you brew it with hot water. You don’t need any fancy equipment – just a big jar, some delicious coffee beans, and water!
DIY Cold Brew Coffee
Makes 2 servings
3 cups filtered water
⅔ cup fresh ground coffee
Air-tight jar or container (like a Mason jar!)
Nut milk bag or mesh strainer
Choice of milk
- Fill jar with filtered water.
- Grind coffee beans into a medium-coarse ground.
- Add the ground coffee to the jar and top off with a bit more water.
- Being careful not to stir, gently punch down any remaining dry grounds into the water so that all of it gets submerged.
- Seal jar and allow to brew at room temperature for 6 hours to overnight.
- Strain the brewed coffee through a nut milk bag or fine mesh strainer.
- Enjoy! Drink plain, over ice, or with your favorite milk.
~ Dzung Lewis of Honeysuckle
Honeysuckle is a food and lifestyle YouTube channel that showcases personal style expressed through food, beauty tips, and home entertaining ideas. Make sure to follow along on Instagram!