With a week left in the holiday season, we know entertaining family and friends is still on your to do list. Or maybe you just want to treat yourself to a little wholesome goodness. Either way, here is a sweet, simple, and healthier dessert that you can serve up after dinner or for a New Year’s Eve party.
Sweet Gluten Free Apple Crisp (Serves 2)
- 1 1/2 cups KIND Snacks Healthy Grains Dark Chocolate & Cranberry Clusters (gluten free plain granola works too)
- 2 organic McIntosh apples, cored and sliced
- 1 Tbsp organic cashews, chopped
- 1 Tbsp organic golden raisins
- 1 tsp organic honey
- 1 tsp organic butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking dish (like a ramekin) with non-stick baking spray; set aside.
2. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; gently toss to combine. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
3. Bake for 20 minutes or until apples are tender.
4. Remove from oven; set aside for 5 minutes to cool before serving.
– Amie Valpone
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP, Editor-in-Chief of TheHealthyApple.com is a Manhattan based Culinary Nutritionist, Personal Chef, Professional Recipe Developer, and Food Writer specializing in simple Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free ‘Clean’ recipes for the home cook. Visit Amie on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.