How Does the Target Baby Registry Work
One of the reasons we love a Target gift registry is that they make it so easy for you — aka what expecting parents need.
To get started, click on “Registries & Lists” right on the homepage. Then, scroll down to the Baby section to find the “create a baby registry” button. From there, you can start learning and building.
The Benefits of a Target Registry
When you register with Target, you’ll get amazing perks like a free welcome kit, a 15% off coupon and (since life with a new baby is full of unexpected changes) Target lets you make returns and exchanges for an entire year after your due date.
Another one of the features we love is the universal registry, which means you can even add items from your other favorite websites to your Target registry — hello, Monica + Andy!
What Comes in the Target Registry Welcome Kit
Once you’ve set up your registry, the next thing to do is make a trip to a Target store to pick up your free welcome gift, which is designed to help you figure out what baby products you like.
Inside the welcome kit, you’ll get $100 worth of handpicked samples from Target’s most-loved brands with anything from diapers and wipes to nursery decor to maternity clothing. They’ve even been known to gift Starbucks coupons — because, let’s be real, if there’s anything new parents need it’s coffee.
Timesaving trick: these welcome kits are super popular, so be sure to call the store to make sure they have one in stock before you make the trip.
What to Put on Your Target Baby Registry
For all those parents out there who have no idea where to begin, Target created a super detailed registry checklist that will help guide you through the baby essentials you need. They also have a Baby A-Z page that offers how-tos and info about baby’s important moments.
Here’s our recommendations:
- Tip: Since your baby won’t be in newborn sizes very long, it’s a good idea to register for size 1.
- Tip: Register for a ton of these.
- Infant Car seat
- Baby Layette
- Crib & Crib Mattress
- Baby Bottles
- Tip: Babies are picky and who knows which bottle your little one will gravitate toward. Register for a bunch of different brands and kinds so you have options.
- Baby Monitor
- Bibs and Burp Cloths
- Tip: You’ll need lots and lots of these… unless you love doing laundry.
- Baby Bathtub
- Nail Clippers
- Tip: Register for a few clippers and buffers. You’ll need to use them pretty much everyday, and it’s nice to have them stashed all around the house.
- Baby Bouncer