Your favorite appetizer just got a healthy update! Fresh from Julie Piatt’s new book, This Cheese is Nuts, this savory spread calls for just seven simple ingredients. Make a batch to serve as a side at your next barbecue or pack it along for a picnic.
ARTICHOKE SPINACH SPREAD
Makes 1 cup
Finally, a delicious artichoke appetizer that is incredibly delicious and healthy. A great cheese spread for a brunch or eating outdoors, it travels wonderfully.
1 cup cashews
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 cup fresh spinach
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
1 cup roasted artichoke hearts from a jar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roast the cashews on a rimmed baking sheet for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, add the olive oil. spinach and sauté for 2 minutes or until the spinach is wilted but still bright green.
- In the bowl of a food processor, place the roasted cashews, nutritional yeast, artichoke hearts and salt.
- Pulse until the cheese forms a ball on the side of the bowl.
- Add in the cooked spinach and pulse a few times until it is incorporated.
- Serve with chips, crackers or toast.
Reprinted from This Cheese is Nuts: Delicious Vegan Cheese at Home by arrangement Avery, an imprint of Penguin Publishing Group, a division of Penguin Random House LLC. Copyright © 2017, Julie Piatt.